
1. 180 Days: Two Teachers and the Quest to Engage and Empower Adolescents by Gallagher and Kittle
Although I would never use everything in this book, it was a good reminder of the importance of continuously changing our teaching in order to best fit students.

2. The Knowledge Gap: The Hidden Cause of America's Bigger Education System-- and How to Fix It by Natalie Wexler
I feel this is a must read for everyone in education especially those folks in administration and elementary school. We truly do a disservice by not changing how and what we teach.

3. We Want to do More than Survive: Abolitionist Teaching and the Pursuit of Educational Freedom by Bettina Love
Another book questioning the current educational system. How do we change the system instead of trying to make students fit into the system? Interesting read.
Other Books of Note:
I really wanted to love Black Leopard, Red Wolf, but it was a bit too weird for me. The other book that was completely surprising was If You Tell: A True Story of Murder, Family Secrets, and the Unbreakable Bond of Sisterhood. I kept finding it challenging to believe it was true. Finally, even though I'm not a parent, I actually enjoyed Dad's Maybe Book .



Comments