Yesterday I spent the second day in a row actively monitoring a standardized reading test. The test was supposed to be three days which was too long. Thankfully, by the end of yesterday, they cancelled today's testing day and are only doing makeups for those in need. Anyway, I digress. My favorite part about actively monitoring standardized test is that I walk around the room in a circle, periodically changing directions and reading. Yep, I am able to walk and read for 2.25 hours. It's glorious. Of course, I'm stopped for the occasional computer glitches, students reporting their finish etc. Yesterday my class was all finished, but I still had five minutes (according the my Kindle book) to read. I kept walking making students think others had not finished until I finished my book. Once I finished, I announced everyone was done and talked about plans for today's testing time which thankfully isn't going to happen.
BTW- I finished The Water Dancer. It's gotten mixed reviews, but it's a five in my ratings.
Comments
Standardized tests are really sticking in my craw right now.
I too want to read Water Dancer.