This year's RAGBRAI was a different experience on many levels. Instead of riding all seven days, I only rode three days. The reasons were multiple, but the main reason is my closest friends on the team weren't riding or were only riding three days.
Saturday we arrived in Council Bluffs. We did a first by getting hotel rooms which was a brilliant decision since it was in the upper 90s, and it rained during the night (really raining). When we arrived, we took the equipment bus to the expo. I twas too hot, so we spent the rest of the night in the casino. My first real amount of time in a casino... talk about people watching.
Sunday was our first day of riding, and it rained (colder rain) at least 75% of the day. In true fashion rain days are always a good time because sometime throughout the day most of the fun people on the team end up with other fun teams inside someplace. I don't have the video, but there's nothing better than several different teams crammed into a bar singing Sweet Caroline!
Monday warmed up, but the headwind and hills were a killer all day long. Plus, I didn't have much of a voice all morning because of allergies, etc. Of course, fun was still found, but it was a tough day. At one point, I saw a sign for baby goats and pulled off. Since the people I was riding with were a little bit ahead, I tried to yell (actually did fairly well). I wasn't sure they heard me, so I asked a rider to tell the people in the pink F&ck Cancer jerseys that I pulled over.
Tuesday was our last day and shortest day which meant our stops were way too long. Before the last town, we ended at an off route party. We had a blast. After breaking one of the swings (the one I had just left in this picture), the owner came over and fixed it and still let us swing!


Comments
Did you see the baby goats?????
How many people ride in this race????