Spiffing is one of the synonyms for delightful, and I think it's a delightful word although I'm not sure I would use it in conversation. Today one of my first summer break tasks is to clean off the table. The only thing that should be on the table during the summer months is my cycling stuff. Everything else needs to be cleared. The first thing I did was to write in all of the graduation cards. I like to use the Life is a Sacred Journey quote/poem by Caroline Joy Adams. Next, I'm shelving books. Although I read most books on electronic, some are only in paperback and others are teacher type books that have been returned. At the bottom of the list was Wild Hundreds by Nate Marshall. Honestly, I think I've already posted about this, but I'm going to one more time before I shelve it. Nate Marshall is a poet who was featured in Louder than a Bomb. Since then, he has written his own poetry.
The bottom of the poem called Prelude ...
I see it everywhere
RIP Pierre
RIP Bird
RIP D
RIP Man Man
Maybe RIP is a girl
i see her name next to all
the bad boys, all the big boys
my mama told me not to fool with
maybe she's all they girlfriends
at once, but they all
gone, no wonder
she keeps finding new boys
to kiss
Comments