 |
| from internet |
Last night as I was coming out of the grocery store, a man who appeared to be homeless asked me if he could use my phone. I told him no. He said, "Please give me your phone." I hesitated and asked him who he needed to call. When he replied that he needed to call Julie to help him, I said I'd call for him. Julie answered the phone, and I told her I was with Derrick in the parking lot. She told me I needed to call this other person to help him, so I called Justin who said he'd be there in an hour.
I had already seen this guy kicked out of the grocery store. As I was driving to leave, I pulled over and asked him if I could buy him a large coffee, so he could wait inside the adjacent coffee shop without being kicked out. He came in with me, and I asked if he would also like a muffin. His gratitude showed as I left him with a place to sit and wait as well as coffee and a muffin. Although it wasn't a lot, I felt satisfied that I could help a little.
Comments
I think your actions might be small, but also big.