Today is Poem in Your Pocket day. Yesterday I reminded all students that they were to write a poem (one they found, one of their own, one they knew...) on the sheet of paper I gave them, so they could have it in their pocket today. I LEARNED something interesting and frustrating this year. Students were googling images to find poems even though we've shared some great poems this year. After watching a couple do this, I suggested they go to poetryfoundation.org or at the very least search without using images. I'm not sure that they listened, but we'll share our poems today. My hope is that some have found some good poems, and some will share their own.
Today is Poem in Your Pocket day. Yesterday I reminded all students that they were to write a poem (one they found, one of their own, one they knew...) on the sheet of paper I gave them, so they could have it in their pocket today. I LEARNED something interesting and frustrating this year. Students were googling images to find poems even though we've shared some great poems this year. After watching a couple do this, I suggested they go to poetryfoundation.org or at the very least search without using images. I'm not sure that they listened, but we'll share our poems today. My hope is that some have found some good poems, and some will share their own.

Comments