Today is Pat Benatar's birthday. It seems weird that I know this, but it showed up in my memories on Facebook which means I knew it last year for some reason. In celebration of her birthday, I listened to her on the way to school. Some songs I remember more than others because I spent a lot of my childhood running and playing basketball with Pat Benatar blasting out of the speakers of my boom box. In fact, I know most of the words (if not all) to her songs. Perhaps I should add her to my workout mix. Maybe core tomorrow will be done with Pat Benatar music.
In high school, a science teacher (who literally sucked at teaching science) had a cool project where students would take a song and put images to it (awesome assignment that had nothing to do with science). Anyway, I remember him showing an example from the previous year. Someone had used Hell is for Children to put together a video about child abuse. I remember it to be compelling. The assignment was a choice assignment for something. I didn't do it, so I don't have a memory of my assignment. Each time I hear Hell is for Children, however, I remember the sample assignment.
Great news! Jdoc and LH are doing the same blogging challenge. Everyone should (or shouldn't) join us.
Comments
I am behind, but I'll catch up.
I'm following you. going to write about a memory.
What will it be about?