I ache for my phone. It's sad, but I really don't do well without having my phone with me. Although it's an addiction, it's not an addiction I'm ready to fight. When I received a staff email today stating that Yondr pouches would be used at today's staff meeting, I lost my shit. The first thing I did was walk to a colleagues room (who was teaching at the moment) to share my frustration. She asked if I was feeling sick knowing that the ache for my phone would not allow me to sit through a staff meeting without my phone. Next, I marched down to find an administrator. Certainly they needed to know if they planned on locking up my phone, I would need to call in sick to the meeting. Luckily, I was told it would be voluntary. Relief, I would not have the ache of being away from my phone. Plus, it allowed me to take a picture of someone else's phone, locked away, in the Yondr pouch and send the picture to a friend.
I ache for my phone. It's sad, but I really don't do well without having my phone with me. Although it's an addiction, it's not an addiction I'm ready to fight. When I received a staff email today stating that Yondr pouches would be used at today's staff meeting, I lost my shit. The first thing I did was walk to a colleagues room (who was teaching at the moment) to share my frustration. She asked if I was feeling sick knowing that the ache for my phone would not allow me to sit through a staff meeting without my phone. Next, I marched down to find an administrator. Certainly they needed to know if they planned on locking up my phone, I would need to call in sick to the meeting. Luckily, I was told it would be voluntary. Relief, I would not have the ache of being away from my phone. Plus, it allowed me to take a picture of someone else's phone, locked away, in the Yondr pouch and send the picture to a friend.

Comments