I'm home in Okoboji for a quick 24 hour trip. Last night I arrived and drove the corridor to see what had changed and what had remained the same. For some reason, I believe that Okoboji will always be "home" even though I don't have as many friends and family here as I once did. The last three or four weeks have been emotional. Much of it deals with the holidays, but I also need to contribute a part to questionable decisions on my part.
Last night a dear high school friend and I sat down to dinner. She's an amazing, caring listener, but she is also realistic because she knows me. We laughed. I got teary eyed. We enjoyed each others company. I left feeling full. This morning I woke up in her guest room looking at the frozen lake feeling thankful for home which is the water (even when frozen) and my childhood friend. I am truly blessed to have awesome people in my life.
This morning as we drank coffee and looked at the lake, she asked about my morning plans. I said I was going to sit at the local coffee shop, drink coffee, and listen to local gossip. The truth is this place is peaceful and relaxing.
I started by reading my news feed, followed with emails, and finished with Facebook and Instagram. One of my email entries talked about the resurgence of blogging which I am actually going to try in 2019... no promises.
Comments
A January challenge is always good.
Not sure I want to blog about sankalpa though. What about wishes? Or favorite animals? Or Curiosities and Curios?