Yesterday our staff development day was held at the fire station. It's great to be off campus for administration and teachers. The administration doesn't want teachers thinking about their rooms and sneaking out to get one more thing done (my guess... not necessarily fact). As a teacher the fire department was super cool. During one bathroom break, a colleague and I found some firemen and asked if we could go out with the trucks. It's unfortunate I didn't get the fireman's name, but he came out with us and chatted with us as we walked around, climbed on, and sat in the trucks. He was super nice and even asked about our workshop.
I also snuck out to take a selfie with the concrete Dalmatian dog. It appears I need to work on my selfie skills.
It's a good thing someone was with me to photograph me inside the truck.
Comments