This year's RAGBRAI was full of trying to pet a puppy. It started about three days into the ride when I saw a sign that said pet a puppy. I pulled off to find there were ponies not puppies. Disappointment set in as I got back on the road. Later another opportunity to pet a puppy presented itself in the next town. As I walked to pet the puppy, I was once again disappointed to find out they were dogs and not puppies.
One afternoon at the Iowa Beer Bus and Mr. Pork Chop, I set out to find the kybo (RAGBRAI's term for porta-potty). On route to the kybo, I passed baby goats. They were soooo cute and amazing. I talked to them (and they talked back) going to and returning from the kybo. Since I refuse to take my phone into the kybo, I wasn't able to take pictures of the babies, but I was able to pet them.
In another town, I took my picture next to a hale bale pig and pet baby pigs. The people with the baby pigs said we could hold them. The baby pig weighed 50 pounds. By the end of the photo op, the pig was a squirmy and not happy. I wish I would have found the puppies instead.


Comments
I think those Iowans should be more honest with their signage.
Pet a puppy should mean something.