Yesterday I rode the Bacoon ride (85 miles total for the day) through some small towns around Des Moines, Iowa. Most of us wore the same jersey. Not only are the jerseys stylish, they help us keep track of each other on the ride. Some parts of the ride were brutal due to heat index of 100+ and 20+ mph winds. We behaved better on this year's ride (probably because of heat and need to stay hydrated) although there was plenty of shenanigan's and off trail consumption. My favorite stop on my PassPORK was the bacon nachos. Each stop had a food with bacon. The corndogs had bacon in them, but I really don't like corndogs. Who wants all that bread stuff surrounding their hotdog? I think they should have wrapped bacon around the hotdog, grilled it, and called it a day, but once again, no one asked me.
Yesterday I rode the Bacoon ride (85 miles total for the day) through some small towns around Des Moines, Iowa. Most of us wore the same jersey. Not only are the jerseys stylish, they help us keep track of each other on the ride. Some parts of the ride were brutal due to heat index of 100+ and 20+ mph winds. We behaved better on this year's ride (probably because of heat and need to stay hydrated) although there was plenty of shenanigan's and off trail consumption. My favorite stop on my PassPORK was the bacon nachos. Each stop had a food with bacon. The corndogs had bacon in them, but I really don't like corndogs. Who wants all that bread stuff surrounding their hotdog? I think they should have wrapped bacon around the hotdog, grilled it, and called it a day, but once again, no one asked me.
Comments
I love veggie corn dogs and adding veggie bacon to a veggie corn dog sounds right up my alley.