From the Elders of the Hopi Nation
Oraibi, Arizona, June 8, 2000
To My Fellow Swimmers
Here is a river flowing now very fast. it is so great and swift that there are
those who will be afraid, who will try to hold on to the shore. They are
being town apart and will suffer greatly.
Know the river has its destination. The elders say we must let go of the
shore, push off into the middle of the river and keep your heads above water.
And I say see who is there with you and celebrate. At this time in history,
we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves. For the moment
that we do, our spiritual growth and journey comes to a halt.
The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves. Banish the word
struggle from your attitude and your vocabulary.
All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration.
For we are the ones we have been waiting for.
This was read yesterday at church, and I think it's fitting for this first day of 2018. I look forward to 2018 and all it has to offer. As I realize it's a new start, I also realize some of the "tough stuff" of 2017 will make its way into 2018. My hope for 2018 is I remember that I'm not a "lone wolf" and that I need to gather with strong, positive people. Happy New Year!

Comments