The Gift by Mary Oliver
Be still, my soul, and steadfast.
Earth and heaven both are still watching
though time is draining from the clock
and your walk, that was confident and quick,
has become slow.
So, be slow if you must, but let
the heart still play its true part.
Love still as once you loved, deeply
and without patience. Let God and the world
know you are grateful.
That the gift has been given.
It's a beautiful Thanksgiving day, and although I didn't participate in the Walk for Hunger as I typically do, Britt and I did take several walks today. This morning I was able to get some planning for my fable unit done with the help of Back and Forth. While I worked, I listened to 90s music. I think the 90s had awesome music. Now, I am waiting for the spinach lasagne to finish, so I can spend the remainder of the evening reading. I opened Joe Biden's book, Promise Me, Dad, A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose. The first chapter is called Biden Family Thanksgiving. I think it's appropriate. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Comments
I love this poem.