Our beautiful fall has left. These leaves have blown off the tree with the latest cold wind accompanied by some snow. Boo, and I'm no talking Halloween boo.
Although my week was difficult, it ended with Wing Young Huie in my classroom. He's amazing. I love watching the kids reactions to his photographs and the stories behind the photographs. The students will be interviewing someone about their culture and taking similar pictures. I'm already looking forward to their stories.
I don't have much to say. It was a tough week at work, and I'm disheartened with a couple staff members. Fortunately, most of my colleagues are amazing! To make sure I don't let the couple colleagues get me down, I've adopted a new motto: If you're not with me, I'm going to run you over. Yep, it sounds aggressive, but I'm going to keep kicking ass and doing a good job.
This brings me to some positives from the week:
1) I was able to steal an EBD kid from a colleague because I know he'll work better for me. Unfortunately, he was in a fight I broke up and hasn't been in school most of the week. His first day in my class, however, when he was able to choose his seat, he chose to sit next to me.
2) A girl who is temporarily (we hope) homeless, needed a computer since her computer was with the family member who asked her to leave. I was able to get her a computer and remind her that if I know what she needs, I'll fight to help her get it.
3) An eighth grader (LD student) isn't doing work for his ELA teacher. He, however, will work for me, so he is coming into my class when he can to get help getting his ELA assignments. It's really kind of cute.
4) Wing Young Huie was in my classroom for two days.
Comments
I like this post.