1 was told by a fairly reliable source, my neighbor, that the Midtown Greenway was open. As I approached the Cedar Avenue bridge, it was evident that it wasn't open. Actually, he didn't really tell me it was open, but I assumed that was the route he took on his last ride we discussed. Perhaps I need to be a better listener.
As suspected, a couple of students realized I had posted their grades. This was disconcerting to them since we're working on a final project these last two days of class. I assured them that I merely posted, so I could compare the difference between the current grades and their tri 2 grades. Yep, this was a bold-faced lie that I repeated to each class today. Not only is this assignment not graded, I'm not going to look at it. Cheers!
This, my friends, is not a lie. A student brought me a box of ice-cream sandwiches today. She saw my delight when the administrator brought me ice-cream sandwiches last week and brought me in a box today! Tomorrow I plan on reading while the students work on an assignment that will not be graded and eat an ice-cream sandwich if any are left in the box.
Comments