Maybe sometimes I hear but don't listen. Maybe this happens to the extent that the chiropractor actually laughed in my face today. I tennis elbow which is more painful than I could imagine. Even grabbing a glass of water with my right hand is painful. Although I went to the PT on Wednesday, it is still unbearably painful, so I went to the chiropractor (whom I saw to get the referral for PT) today for ultrasound. It was delightful. After the tech did the ultrasound the chiropractor came back in. He was talking about how long it takes to heal, blah, blah, blah... As he was speaking, I asked him about using Biofreeze, and he said I could certainly try it. Next, I asked him if I should tape my elbow when I was riding my bike. This is when he laughed in my face, and once again tried to explain that I needed to do nothing with the elbow (blah, blah, blah). Although I don't remember his exact words, he expressed the seriousness of relaxing it a bit. Calmly, I looked at him and said, "I hear you. I just need to listen." This was the end of my visit.
When I returned home, I did not ride my bike as planned, but I did buy KT tape, Biofreeze, and a tennis elbow brace. I walked next to the path and took a picture of cyclists enjoying their afternoon while I was walking to Walgreens. Maybe I'll heed his advice tomorrow instead of riding part of the Fulton Gran Fondo. Maybe I won't.
Comments
you listen to your doctor's advice. But I get that you need to get
on that bike too.
This is a conundrum. Maybe tomorrow when you wake up the tennis elbow will be gone?