Maybe I had a brilliant idea. Yes, I think it was brilliant. Although I did not think of it until it was too late to ride part of the Fulton Gran Fondo, I did think of it in time to ride today. Actually, today I made a deal with myself. If I graded four of the five classes by 4:00, I would go for a short ride. At 3:48, I finished my fourth class and put my idea into action.
Last week, my PT suggested I wear my wrist brace (from last year or the year before) at night, so I wouldn't clench my fists while I was sleeping. Clenching my fists causes more pain in my elbow. I took this information, my new elbow brace, and my new KT tape and put it into action. I figured I could ride a short distance (Today's ride was a little over ten miles) if I had the tape and braces, and I was absolutely correct. Of course I iced when I returned home. To be honest, biking was less painful than the actions it took (computer, flipping pages, lifting folders) to grade the first four classes. #brilliant
Maybe my next idea of the day was not as brilliant. I decided to rent I am not Your Negro while I finished the last class. I thought I could play it and listen while I graded papers. I'm eight minutes into the documentary, and I realize I can't do both. The images/videos are important, horrific, and engaging. Maybe I'll have to wait and grade the next class tomorrow. I'm certainly going to have to wait until this video if finished.
Comments