The weather has been crazy. Normally, I hate February, but this year I'm a fan (at least the last four days).
Friday I went for a the first ride of 2017. Standing water was a thing, but it was amazing to be biking outside and not in the gym. As I rode a passed a cyclist who yelled, "Ice ahead." There had been a few ice spots, but I was thankful for the warning. Within a couple of seconds, another cyclist yelled (even louder), "Get off your bike." I stopped my bike inches before the patch of ice. In turn, I yelled at the cyclist coming my way as I inched across the ice.
Saturday I decided to go east. I'd seen pictures for the Franklin Street Bridge bike meter which counts cyclists, so I decided to make it my destination. The weather was warmer, and the puddles were more vast. Sunday was the same, but I added the Lake Street Bridge to my ride. Being outside has been incredible.
Today I looked at the weather and decided to go cycling before it rained. It was a bit dreary yet the best way to start my morning. As I rode today, I realized three songs were too slow, and it wasn't merely the weather. Just Breathe is one to leave even though it's one of my favorite songs. When I finished today's ride, I moved a Tuesday appointment to Thursday, so I could ride tomorrow. This means I will skip night class on Thursday, but I think it's a good choice. I mean, I'm riding my bike in February! It's crazy!
Comments
There's still ice. Maybe wait a bit.