| #bestChristmasgiftever |
December has been crazy, but one couldn't tell from my blog. I'm not sure what happened, but I haven't posted since the fourth. Since then my dad and I went to a basketball games in Ames, Iowa, I visited a friend in Okoboji (looked at goals from the past year, made some/kept some for the next year), and I attended a 75th birthday party for my dad. Of course, I continued my teaching activities during these crazy weeks.
This past week I spent three days of this past week making sure I spent times with friends in various locations drinking beer. Yesterday was the last day before winter break. Students had a rough draft of their fable due. Since we were going to get 6-8" of snow, I told them I would probably be stuck home grading their rough drafts, so they should have them ready for me to grade. Unfortunately, I had a couple beers at happy hour then returned home to light a couple of candles and read. I'm guessing grading will happen this weekend if no one invites me to drink beer or coffee.
By the way, even though I haven't been doing well with the blog thing, I have continued to post pictures for the Rethink Church's Advent practice. Today's word was confession. At first I thought I should take a picture of the beautiful white snow fringed with the ugly dirt from the plow and cards. Instead I looked at the wrappers from my breakfast (candy supplied by colleagues) and decided it was my confession. I hope the people at Rethink Church find humor in today's Instagram posting.
Comments