Today is Small Business Saturday, and I believe it's the sixth year I've done my shopping on this day at small businesses. Part of this day is also treating myself. I always use the Chinook Book and always buy myself Pre de Provence soap and shea butter hand cream. I normally also buy both of these as gifts for some folks at work, but I mixed it up this year (for them, NOT me... I love the stuff). This tradition is as much about shopping as it is friendship and laughing. We even made a stop at Demera Ethiopian Restaurant in the middle of our shopping. Most of my gifts are now bought with a few remaining gifts that I will pick up at Penzey Spice. Do you want to know why? Oh yeah, you already opened my link.
Basically, I'm ready for the holidays. I have decorated my house (another Thanksgiving tradition), bought the gifts, and even ordered Christmas cards. I was going to skip this year because I didn't have many pictures of myself, and those cards are super expensive. I've been looking at different websites the last couple of days. When I noticed a stack of photo cards in Walgreens, I went home to check the cost. They were 50% off with a code. I realize this doesn't fit with the Small Business Saturday thing, but they were super cheap and ready tomorrow.
Comments