Today I attended Minnesota Writing Project's fall workshop: Partnering to Explore Social Justice, Art, and Literacy. As with most good workshops I attend, it left me feeling inadequate and adequate at the same time. TruArt Speaks was featured at today's workshop. Although I have witnessed the work of TruArt Speaks in the past, today I realized once again the importance of the organization. As I looked at their website, I knew what I wanted to do. For the past several weeks, I've been trying to figure out why my church hasn't been taking money out of my credit card. I've sent approximately 6-10 emails about trying to get my giving reinstated. It must be a sign because today I decided to give the money I would have given to the church to TruArt Speaks. I feel good about this.
Today I attended Minnesota Writing Project's fall workshop: Partnering to Explore Social Justice, Art, and Literacy. As with most good workshops I attend, it left me feeling inadequate and adequate at the same time. TruArt Speaks was featured at today's workshop. Although I have witnessed the work of TruArt Speaks in the past, today I realized once again the importance of the organization. As I looked at their website, I knew what I wanted to do. For the past several weeks, I've been trying to figure out why my church hasn't been taking money out of my credit card. I've sent approximately 6-10 emails about trying to get my giving reinstated. It must be a sign because today I decided to give the money I would have given to the church to TruArt Speaks. I feel good about this.

Comments