Each year we have two days off in October for the Minnesota Education Association Conference. I was talking to someone the other day, and the conversation made me a bit cranky.
OP- No one even goes to the conferences. Our tax dollars are paying for a two day vacation.
M- Well, although I never go to the conference, many teachers actually go for the conference. Besides, we aren't getting paid for these two days. I are paid on a salary for a certain number of days regardless of the days we actually work.
OP- She's getting argumentative (or a similar word).
M- No, I'm merely tired of misconceptions that aren't clarified.
Soooo.... Today is the first day of the two days off. I woke up early and started working on next week's plans. Yesterday, a colleague and I spent quite a bit of the day discussing the best way to plan the week. It's sometimes crazy after a long break. We are finishing a novel and have an end of the novel writing assignment and we need to prepare the students. We made some changes to the schedule which means I spent a good share of the morning reformulating the documents and presentations. This afternoon I will spend more time planning and grading redo assignments. Perhaps the OP (other person) would like to sit with me today on my day off.
Comments
likes of which I haven't seen for a few weeks.
The work is interesting, but just too much right now.