It's Friday. My students are reading three chapters in The Skin I'm In. Actually, I read one aloud to get them back into the book, and they are reading the next two silently. As the read, they are looking for at least one signposts. Everyone is engaged. I've walked around the room. I've checked everyone's signposts chart. I've constantly made eye contact with the one student who is not working. Basically, I'm bored because everyone is working, and I have nothing to do except tell the girl I've been making eye contact with that she can't avoid work by going to the bathroom. I suppose this is actually a successful day.
Now, I am taking a picture of my feet under the desk. Do you see that brown thing? It's a paper cutter than somehow made it's way into my room several years ago when I was absent. It's actually one of the few paper cutters that works in this building, so I keep it under my desk.
Happy Friday.
Comments