Earlier in the week I stopped by the coop to refill my laundry detergent. I use Restore Natural Products laundry detergent. When I need more detergent, I merely take in my containers and refill the liquid. Not only do I like the product, I like the fact that I'm not unnecessarily using more plastic, and I think it's less expensive than most laundry detergents. As I placed my refills on the conveyor, the cashier scanned them before I could give the tare and number of the product. This meant he scanned my bottle as if it was a new purchase and not a refill. The price was $7.99. When he rang the products again using the refill cost one was ten-something and the other eleven-something. I questioned him about the costs, and he asked me if I wanted to get new. Because I didn't want to be wasteful, I said it was fine and took the more expensive refills. Today I called the coop with my concerns. The manager I needed to talk to was not in the store because he had worked the overnight shift, but the manager I talked to was quite nice and assured me she would email him and contact me. We had a delightful conversation about the importance of environmentally friendly products and pricing them in a manner that would make consumers want to use the refills. I'll wait to hear from the other manager, but I felt good after our conversation and feel some needed change will happen.
Earlier in the week I stopped by the coop to refill my laundry detergent. I use Restore Natural Products laundry detergent. When I need more detergent, I merely take in my containers and refill the liquid. Not only do I like the product, I like the fact that I'm not unnecessarily using more plastic, and I think it's less expensive than most laundry detergents. As I placed my refills on the conveyor, the cashier scanned them before I could give the tare and number of the product. This meant he scanned my bottle as if it was a new purchase and not a refill. The price was $7.99. When he rang the products again using the refill cost one was ten-something and the other eleven-something. I questioned him about the costs, and he asked me if I wanted to get new. Because I didn't want to be wasteful, I said it was fine and took the more expensive refills. Today I called the coop with my concerns. The manager I needed to talk to was not in the store because he had worked the overnight shift, but the manager I talked to was quite nice and assured me she would email him and contact me. We had a delightful conversation about the importance of environmentally friendly products and pricing them in a manner that would make consumers want to use the refills. I'll wait to hear from the other manager, but I felt good after our conversation and feel some needed change will happen.

Comments