A group of us walk (sorry no running, but we walk fast) the Hot Chocolate 5K each year. After the "race" we go to Hell's Kitchen for lunch. It's always a grand day. Since I'm in the middle of #30daysofbiking, I biked to Boom Island for the 5K then rode to Hell's Kitchen. At Hell's Kitchen, I locked my bike to a sign. When I returned to my bike, I realized that I had lost my bike key. I went through my stuff and everyone with me went through my stuff. I went back into the restaurant to check and another person went back to check. I even called AAA because they will come get members if they have bike problems. It seems they will merely give a ride not try to get a U lock off a bike. Someone suggested talking to the construction workers (working in middle of closed street), so I walked over and asked if they could help. The guy said he couldn't, yet a few minutes later him and a buddy arrived with power tools to saw the lock. As he was getting ready to plug in the power tool, one of my friends came out of a medical building with my key. She had retraced my steps to see what a "good samaritan" would have done, and sure enough, someone had turned it in. The construction guys were profusely thanked and didn't need to use their tools. Since they declined a picture, I only have a picture of my locked bike.
A group of us walk (sorry no running, but we walk fast) the Hot Chocolate 5K each year. After the "race" we go to Hell's Kitchen for lunch. It's always a grand day. Since I'm in the middle of #30daysofbiking, I biked to Boom Island for the 5K then rode to Hell's Kitchen. At Hell's Kitchen, I locked my bike to a sign. When I returned to my bike, I realized that I had lost my bike key. I went through my stuff and everyone with me went through my stuff. I went back into the restaurant to check and another person went back to check. I even called AAA because they will come get members if they have bike problems. It seems they will merely give a ride not try to get a U lock off a bike. Someone suggested talking to the construction workers (working in middle of closed street), so I walked over and asked if they could help. The guy said he couldn't, yet a few minutes later him and a buddy arrived with power tools to saw the lock. As he was getting ready to plug in the power tool, one of my friends came out of a medical building with my key. She had retraced my steps to see what a "good samaritan" would have done, and sure enough, someone had turned it in. The construction guys were profusely thanked and didn't need to use their tools. Since they declined a picture, I only have a picture of my locked bike.
Comments