As I waited for a fellow cyclist to pass, so I could get on the trail today, I looked at him and thought, "He looks miserable." This April weather is disappointing to quite disappointing. Although I'm actually riding my bike every day, I feel unmotivated and tired. The good news is I'm trying to stay positive. One positive is the PhD student in my room (You all know her, she's grand.) and I are thinking about writing another journal article together. She suggested a format similar to the format in an article titled, "Social Narrative Writing: (Re) Constructing Kid Culture in the Writers Workshop." She said one of the authors was Hefferman. I said I know this fantastic scholar/teacher as in I've had lunch with her once and feel as though I know her through her thought-provoking blog. After I read the article, I felt saddened and disappointed. Why have I never been to her classroom? I wonder if I could get an invite? Perhaps I could even stay with her and Husbandman. Then I started visualizing my visit. They would pick me up at the airport and take me to some cool jazz club to listen to #1Son. Then, we'd chat and laugh over a class of wine or coffee or tea or even water before going to bed. The next morning we would awake energized and ready to hang out with the Thirdlanders in Thirdland (?). I'd quit my job, move into their home, and go to school each day and witness the sure brilliance. What do you think? Pros? Cons? Have the police been called yet?
As I waited for a fellow cyclist to pass, so I could get on the trail today, I looked at him and thought, "He looks miserable." This April weather is disappointing to quite disappointing. Although I'm actually riding my bike every day, I feel unmotivated and tired. The good news is I'm trying to stay positive. One positive is the PhD student in my room (You all know her, she's grand.) and I are thinking about writing another journal article together. She suggested a format similar to the format in an article titled, "Social Narrative Writing: (Re) Constructing Kid Culture in the Writers Workshop." She said one of the authors was Hefferman. I said I know this fantastic scholar/teacher as in I've had lunch with her once and feel as though I know her through her thought-provoking blog. After I read the article, I felt saddened and disappointed. Why have I never been to her classroom? I wonder if I could get an invite? Perhaps I could even stay with her and Husbandman. Then I started visualizing my visit. They would pick me up at the airport and take me to some cool jazz club to listen to #1Son. Then, we'd chat and laugh over a class of wine or coffee or tea or even water before going to bed. The next morning we would awake energized and ready to hang out with the Thirdlanders in Thirdland (?). I'd quit my job, move into their home, and go to school each day and witness the sure brilliance. What do you think? Pros? Cons? Have the police been called yet?
Comments
You're invited any time.
And we have some fine brew pubs here in Btown, so I'll have wine and you'll have an UPLAND
something or other before we crash.
So funny.