My ride today was a short ride since I rode longer yesterday. Most importantly, I wanted to make sure I was home in time to eat and return to the district for the school board meeting. I'm sure I've mentioned before that the teacher's in my district have not had a contract for over nine months, and it looks like it's going to be a "long battle." Sometimes I wonder if district people and administration know what it's like to be a teacher. Do they understand the number of hours put in at home? Do they understand the challenges of working with adolescents and helping them become thinking adults? Although I think it's important for me to be at the school board meeting in solidarity, I don't have faith that it will make a difference. Maybe I should stand up and invite these school board members and district leaders to spend a day shadowing me (without the work at home). I wonder if this trail to a fair contract settlement would still be closed.
My ride today was a short ride since I rode longer yesterday. Most importantly, I wanted to make sure I was home in time to eat and return to the district for the school board meeting. I'm sure I've mentioned before that the teacher's in my district have not had a contract for over nine months, and it looks like it's going to be a "long battle." Sometimes I wonder if district people and administration know what it's like to be a teacher. Do they understand the number of hours put in at home? Do they understand the challenges of working with adolescents and helping them become thinking adults? Although I think it's important for me to be at the school board meeting in solidarity, I don't have faith that it will make a difference. Maybe I should stand up and invite these school board members and district leaders to spend a day shadowing me (without the work at home). I wonder if this trail to a fair contract settlement would still be closed.
Comments