As we were traversing the bike path on our 40 mile ride, we noticed an area marked off with tape (similar to police tape) and saw people standing around the tape looking up at the tree. I figured it was an eagle's nest since it was near the lake. We decided to stop. Although I could see the nest, I couldn't see any birds. I did, however, spot a guy in camo and decided it would be an OK picture for Day 10. As I posed near the camo guy, I overheard information. It wasn't an eagle's nest, it was an owls nest. According to the discussion, the nest had fallen and the two little owls were getting ready to leave the nest. Tonight I went to the Google machine and found more information. It's actually fairly interesting. Look Hoo's in the Hood
As we were traversing the bike path on our 40 mile ride, we noticed an area marked off with tape (similar to police tape) and saw people standing around the tape looking up at the tree. I figured it was an eagle's nest since it was near the lake. We decided to stop. Although I could see the nest, I couldn't see any birds. I did, however, spot a guy in camo and decided it would be an OK picture for Day 10. As I posed near the camo guy, I overheard information. It wasn't an eagle's nest, it was an owls nest. According to the discussion, the nest had fallen and the two little owls were getting ready to leave the nest. Tonight I went to the Google machine and found more information. It's actually fairly interesting. Look Hoo's in the Hood
Comments