We are Broken by Paramore
...tell me why
We live like this
Keep me safe inside
Your arms like towers
Tower over me, yeah
Cause we are broken
What must we do to RESTORE
Our innocence...
Restore is an interesting word. It makes me think of my laundry detergent which needs to be refilled. Although I like this product, I need to go to the coop to get it filled, and well, I need to get to the coop. My guess is they weren't thinking about my laundry detergent when they put the word restore in the Lenten photo challenge. The verb restore makes me think of spring. It restores our faith in the world and the beauty of nature. My faith in eighth graders was restored last night in the after school reading program. One girl sent a lovely apology email for missing the last couple nights, and the entire group read quietly and did quick writes as we tried out (ten minute read/one minute quick write for each) four novels. Finally, I guess I can't help but think of Psalm 23 (He restoreth my soul) when I see the word. I hope tomorrow's word restores my faith in the photo challenge words.
Today I give thanks for...
1) YA novels
2) NCAA tournament -- Iowa State plays today.
3) a Lenten challenge to keep me blogging every day
4) Christmas cactus is blooming.
Comments