![]() |
| President Obama 2008 |
Remember by Langston Hughes
Remember
The days of bandage--
And remembering--
Do not stand still.
Go to the highest hill
And look down upon the town
Where you are yet a slave.
Look down upon any town in Caroline
Or any town in Maine, for that matter,
Or Africa, your homeland--
And you will see what I mean for you to see--
The white hand;
The thieving hand.
The white face.
The white power;
The unscrupulous power
That makes of you
The hungry wretched thing you are today.
Remember. It's interesting what I remember and how I remember it. When I was looking for a picture, I immediately went to my 2009 photos since I knew I was looking for the inauguration photos. The entire weekend was memorable. Walking the National Mall my first day looking at the various monuments, led me to a practice by Bon Jovi. People were setting up for the inauguration throughout the mall area, and the area was electric. The next day was the inaugural concert (We Are One) with a variety of artists. Finally, the day of the inauguration was a day I will never forget. The crowd was positive and intense. It was an amazing day that I will remember for always.
Actually, I also remember the election night in 2008 when I sat at home texting and messaging everyone I knew full of excitement waiting for the results to come in.
My gratitude list...
1) President Obama
2) Langston Hughes and poets with a message
3) Dinner with colleagues whom I haven't worked with for 15 years.

Comments