If You Have Seen
by Thomas Moore
Good reader! if you e'er have seen,
When Phoebus hastens to his pillow
The mermaids, with their tresses green,
Dancing upon the western billow:
If you have ever seen, at twilight dim,
When the lone spirit's vesper hymn
Floats wild along the winding shore;
If you have seen, through mist of eve,
The fairy train their ringlets weave,
Glancing along the spangled green;--
God bless me! what a deal you've seen
Have. I made a quick trip to God's country to hang out with my peeps. One of these fine friends went to UNI at the same time I was getting my M. ed. from UNI. Maybe you've seen the shot. I'm a bigger ISU fan than UNI, but it's dang exciting. In all reality 3 of the 32 teams left in the March Madness tourney are from Iowa although I up the University of Iowa is the first out... not a fan.
I have a loaner car while my car is getting a new sensor since mice ate the wires. The loaner car had 726 total miles when I picked it up. My plan was to return it today, but they needed to order a part, so I will have this loaner until next Tuesday or Wednesday. My conversation with the tech guy went something like this:
TG- We will have the part on Tuesday. You can keep the loaner.
M- Do you know I have a new 2016 Equinox?
TG- Yes.
M- Do you know I live in Minneapolis and will need to drive it back home, around Minneapolis, and then back to Okoboji.
TG- Yes, we are aware.
M- Do you want me to bring it back for another loaner?
TG- Nope. You are fine. We'll see you next week.
It's certainly possible that this car is worth 3x (or maybe more) my car. It's a bit of fun driving a new car. I can sync my phone to it. It has seat warmers. It has the new car smell. I have a new car (for five days).
I give thanks for...
1) My friends in Iowa
2) The sunshine in Minneapolis since it was snowing when I left Iowa
3) My new car
Comments