Endure by Nasir Kazmi
O wayfarer of the waste of sorrow, endure!
The caravans separated will meet tomorrow. Endure!
No sign guides the journey. Yet, there is the whole night to go.
A voice flows in every moment... Endure!
Your cry will resound through the Earth and the Sky.
Suffer through the wrongs... for some more time... endure!
Your feet will rouse the musk-cities of ruined hearts.
O broken gazelle in shelter, endure!
The cities have been ravaged but the land of God is open.
We will make a new home yet. Endure!
These imperial palaces are waiting for destruction.
Their flags will eventually fall. Endure!
Line after line, the leaves and the trees will play their tambourines.
This dry earth will yield moist. Endure!
For caravan to caravan fields will be blossoming.
Gracious clouds will rain tremendously. Endure!
Why strike your head upon the rock? Grieve with manner.
Let your heart transcend the pain. Emerge an icon.
Endure!
The ghazal shall unveil as the lotus of my hear unfurls.
A few moments, o the press of my nib, endure!
Lips will break their silence as paid strikes the right chord.
Our tale must wait expression until then. Endure!
Nasir, there is non truly faithful in the cunning world.
Forget the words and vows that beguiler made. Endure.
Endure. Help is followed by endure which is fitting. Yesterday, upon the urging of a friend, I went to the doctor. Although going to the doctor and getting my prescription wiped me out, it was worth the exhaustion. Basically, I was told to put myself on quarantine for five days. It's good the students don't have school Monday or Tuesday. It seems I will endure this illness and stay at home for the long weekend.
Today I give thanks for...
1) Tamiflu - I started taking it last night, and I'm feeling results. I mean I can sit up for longer than 30 minutes.
2) A friend/colleague who brought my school computer to my house, so I could do second trimester grades.
3) Emails from students throughout the day. One informing me that I probably gave the sub the wrong notes which I did. Two saying they missed me. One hoping I felt better. Two from a class saying three girls were being rude and disrespectful to the sub.

Comments
I like that your kids send you emails.