Sunbeam by Anna Akhmatova
I pray to the sunbeam from the window-
It is pale, thin, straight.
Since morning I have been silent,
And my heart -- is split.
The coper on my washstand
Has turned green
But the sunbeam plays on it
So charmingly.
How innnocent it is, and simple,
In the evening calm,
But to me in this deserted temple
It's like a golden CELEBRATION,
And a consolation
Another Sunday in Lent also means another celebrate. It's a good time to reflect on the positive aspects of my life. RAGBRAI is 132 Days, 22 hours, 28 minutes, and 10 seconds away as I post this morning. This handy countdown clock makes me realize I have time to prepare for this year's hilly ride. Friends have already started posting their training pictures because the weather has been lovely. Another reason to celebrate is that next week is going to be colder. Although this doesn't seem like a reason to celebrate, miserable weather the week leading up to spring break is a reason to celebrate when one teaches middle school.
Gratitudes
1) one of five classes graded as I head into this day
2) meeting up with friends this weekend... I hadn't seen JY for two years...
3) spin class... I look forward to getting back to working out
I know I forgot yesterday's list, but I'm grateful to let it go instead of freaking out and trying to add a list.
Comments
I kind of wish I had an event like that.