Home by Phillip Phillips
"Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble-- it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone..."
At first when I saw the word "settle," I thought of it as a negative as in one should settle for something. Settle down, also came to mind as a negative command. At church yesterday, I was actually thinking of the word (I was looking at the list of words) when I realized settle is of a calm, a peace. Lent should be a time of reflection, of slowing down, of calm, of peace... a time to settle. All too often my mind and body are racing from one thing to another. This weekend, partially due to not feeling well or being overly tired, I've had the opportunity to settle. I think it's a good thing this settling. Perhaps I need to do it more often.
Gratitudes of today...
1) using this weekend to settle
2) awaiting good news from tax preparation
3) class last night about Islam (and using my voice to help people realize Christian fanatics are as harmful as Muslim fanatics) "Religious fanaticism is uncritical zeal or with an obsessive enthusiasm related to one's own, or one's group's, devotion to religion..." I'm not sure the lady was pleased when I used my phone to Google this definition, but I also give thanks for the Google machine.
Comments
Enjoying your lenten posts.