Surprised by Joy by William Wordsworth
Surprised by joy-- impatient as the Wind
I turned to share the transport -- Oh! with whom
But Thee, long buried in the silent Tomb,
That spot which no vicissitude can find?
Love, faithful love, recalled thee to my mind--
But how could I forget thee? -- Through what power,
Even for the least division of an hour,
Have I been so beguiled as to be blind
To my most grievous loss! -- That thought's return
Was the worst pang that sorrow ever bore,
Save one, one only, when I stood forlorn,
Knowing my heart's best treasure was no more;
That neither present time, nor years unborn
Could to my sight that heavenly face restore.
Joy seems more like a Christmas word than a Lenten word. It's also a word that is sometimes difficult to find in February. It's turning out to be a joyful week after a slow start. Tuesday night I met friends for dinner. They are wonderful women who bring joy even when life is stressful. Even with Tuesday's dinner, I started today feeling stressed out. Since I am trying to refinance my mortgage, I need an appraisal on my condo, and the appraiser is coming Saturday morning. As I thought about the remainder of the week, I started to panic since I knew my place should look decent when the appraiser visits. After talking to a couple of colleagues and sending a multitude of texts, I procured a cleaning lady to take care of my bathroom and kitchen (today!). Let's be honest. I've never had a cleaning lady before, but walking into my condo tonight after work was joyful. This will allow me to attend class tomorrow night and Wing Young Huie/John Coy's book release on Friday before the appraisal on Saturday. Life is indeed full of joy.
Joyful happenings...
1) My first (probably not last) visit by a cleaning lady
2) Wednesday spin class and its awesome instructor
3) Drinking Bent Paddle Cold Press Black Ale (Who doesn't want to mix coffee and beer?) with witty women.
BTW- My picture of biking outside brings joy. It looks like it could be in the 50s this weekend, so I might bike outside in February!

Comments