Wildpeace by Yehuda Amichai
Not the peace of a cease-fire
not even the vision of the wolf and the lamb
but rather
as in the hear when excitement is over
and you can talk only about great weariness
I know that I know how to kill, that makes me an adult.
And my son plays with a toy gun that knows
how to open and close its eyes and say Mama.
A peace
without the big noise of beating swords into ploughshares,
without words, without
thud of the heavy rubber stamp; let it be
light, floating, like a lazy white foam.
A little rest for the wounds-- who speaks of healing?
(And the howl of the orphans is passed from one generation
to the next, as in a relay race;
the baton never falls.)
Let it come
like wildflowers,
suddenly, because the field
must hav it: wildpeace
Heal(ing) is something we all need. It seems many times this healing takes hard work and patience. I'm typically good with hard work, but I often struggle with the patience. As I was looking through photos for heal, I landed on this bruise from my bike accident a couple of years ago. The big healing took place with the shoulder which was also injured. Although cycling season hasn't started, it's February, and I'm not even close to making my deductible. I called last night to check as I thought it would be a good idea to start taking my asthma medicine in March as I start cycling again and the weather changes. Not making a deductible for health insurance is probably good.
Healing sometimes is also in the form of relaxing and helping others. This last week has been difficult since I've been busy, tired, and crabby. My decisions to skip grocery shopping last week and eat candy all week probably did not help. My goal today is to drink lots of water and make sure I exercise. I'm even planning on cycling outside! Take the weekend to heal and enjoy.
My gratitude list:
1) taking time to heal which sometimes looks like taking time
2) yesterday's narrowing of research topic for top world problems of 2015 went fairly smoothly... the media director basically taught my class as I hung out and walked around helping
3) getting help to tell my stylist what I wanted with my color
Seriously, I have many things for which to be thankful. Today as I was thinking of my list, the list seemed lame. The big ideas being healthy, having great friends, not wanting much, being able to workout, blogging with a cup of coffee and glass of water... also seem basic, but it's the basic things for which I am thankful.

Comments
I like that photo too.