won't you celebrate with me
won't you celebrate with me
what i have shaped into
a kind of life? i had no model.
born in babylon
both nonwhite and woman
what did i see to except myself?
i made it up
her on the bridge between
starshine and clay,
my one hand holding tight
my other hand; come celebrate
with me that everyday
something has tried to kill me
and has failed.
~Lucille Clifton
Celebrate seems like a strange word for Lent, and it shows up several times on the list of words for the forty days. It seems I'll have to get creative. Anyway, although I'm not "nonwhite," I do feel as though I've had to build some bridges throughout my life. Most of the bridges have led to wonderful friendships. Yesterday, I had the chance to communicate with several of these friends. I am truly blessed and have reasons to celebrate.
Happy Valentine's Day!! Spend time with special people.
Today I give thanks for...
1) long lasting friendships
2) three day weekends (and using yesterday to relax)
3) looking through my photo library (I've had some great experiences)
4) an ISU victory
Comments