I love Wednesday (and Sunday) spin class mainly because the instructor kicks my ass. Other spin classes are OK, but I really like his classes. Plus, most of the people who attend is classes are actually cyclists. The best part is that it's a little community a bit like Cheers where people actually call to people by name. Each class I try to get the same bike by the fan. Last night a guy was using the bike behind me. "Hey, you're on the same bike," he greeted. Next, another guy sat on the bike next to me. I remembered him from last year. His numbers are crazy. Last year, I would sit behind him and he amazed. Although I can't recall, I really think his numbers were twice mine. As we chatted to begin class, I told him I remembered him from my first times at spin class, and he made me throw my hands up and cry. Well, I didn't cry on the outside nor did I throw my hands up, but I always remember him. Anyway, spinning next to him last night, my numbers were better than average. I didn't want to look like a weak dumb ass, so I pushed it every chance I had. To help with sanity, I didn't look at his numbers. I hope he doesn't show up and sit next to me on Sunday.
I love Wednesday (and Sunday) spin class mainly because the instructor kicks my ass. Other spin classes are OK, but I really like his classes. Plus, most of the people who attend is classes are actually cyclists. The best part is that it's a little community a bit like Cheers where people actually call to people by name. Each class I try to get the same bike by the fan. Last night a guy was using the bike behind me. "Hey, you're on the same bike," he greeted. Next, another guy sat on the bike next to me. I remembered him from last year. His numbers are crazy. Last year, I would sit behind him and he amazed. Although I can't recall, I really think his numbers were twice mine. As we chatted to begin class, I told him I remembered him from my first times at spin class, and he made me throw my hands up and cry. Well, I didn't cry on the outside nor did I throw my hands up, but I always remember him. Anyway, spinning next to him last night, my numbers were better than average. I didn't want to look like a weak dumb ass, so I pushed it every chance I had. To help with sanity, I didn't look at his numbers. I hope he doesn't show up and sit next to me on Sunday.

Comments
So I think you were smart not to look at his numbers.
Have you ever ridden a recumbent bike?