Happy New Year! It's come to this. Although I set some goals with a friend for our birthdays, I've also realized I need to focus a bit on my health. I quit taking all of my asthma medications sometime around November. When I went to give blood, I also realized my iron is low again. To help with the iron, I've once again started drinking smoothies with kale and blackstrap molasses. The berries' vitamin C should also help with the absorption of the iron. In addition, I'm taking an iron tablet.
Yesterday, I only made it through 45 minutes of spin class before I became too light headed to finish. I'm not sure if this is because of the iron deficiency or the asthma, but I did use my inhaler before today's class. Part way through I had a coughing fit and difficulty breathing. The poor lady next to me asked a couple of times if I was OK. I nodded, took a break, and continued. At the end of class she asked if I had untreated asthma. "I used my inhaler today, but I may need to use it more often," I replied. She gave me a smile that said, "Good luck with that..." It looks like I'll need to pay a bit more attention to my health.
Comments