Have you noticed that Goodreads gives a breakdown of your 2015 books? I think this is interesting. Although it didn't give me my top five books, I went through and looked at the stars to calculate my favorite six. I chose six because I gave five stars to six books. They're in alphabetical order.
1. Are You Experienced? by Jordan Sonneblick -- YA
2. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
3. The Edge of Eternity by Ken Follet
4. The Girl Who Sang to the Buffalo: A Child, an Elder, and the Light from an Ancient Sky by Kent Nerburn
5. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
6. Reading Nonfiction: Notice & Note Stances, Signposts, and Strategies by Kylene Beers -- Teacher
As I looked at the list, I questioned my stars. Some of my books stood out as amazing although they only received four stars. These are also in alphabetical order.
1. A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Miarra
2. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3. The Crossover by Kwame Alexander -- YA
4. God Help the Child by Toni Morrison
5. The Good Braider by Terry Farish
6. If I Ever Get Out of Here by Eric Gansworth -- YA
7. The Long Walk by Stephen King
BTW- I made a goal of reading 90 books this year which seems a bit lofty. Seventy-five books is a number of satisfaction. For 2016, I either choose 90 again try to be more realistic with 75. We'll see what Friday brings.


Comments