I love Christmas Eve services at church. When I'm asked what I'm doing on Christmas eve, I mention that I'm going to church. It doesn't seem like a way to spend Christmas Eve, and I think some worry that I'm not with family, but I find it to perfect. My two services of choice are the typical carol service the contemplative labyrinth service. Since the first service I attend is at 12 with the next service at 2, I stay at church between the services. Today I geeked on my phone a bit in the empty chapel before going upstairs to the art gallery. Some would say I was early, but I would say my timing was perfects since I was able to watch the musicians (flute, guitar, cello, and piano) and singers practice. It was lovely.
Actually, I started the day by trying to give blood. It seemed that giving blood would be a "giving" way to start my Christmas Eve, the season of giving and all. Instead of giving blood, I was given the message of low iron, even lower than normal for me. I'll admit it was a bit frustrating since I've been taking two iron tablets each day for the last three days. The phlebotomist asked if I'd been overly tired. Well yeah, isn't everyone at this time of year? It's a good thing I have kale and blackstrap molasses in the refrigerator. Looks like it's time for smoothies again. I wonder what KC and LH are putting in their green smoothies.
Comments
For the smoothies, I use:
spinach, almond milk, coconut water, celery, frozen medley of fruits. a clementine with the peel on it. I add turmeric and cinnamon. And some protein powder.
Here's what I do: mixed greens in a pre-washed mix called "POWER GREENS," coconut/almond milk, frozen pineapple or mango, a banana, and protein powder. Dan, Shef, and I all like the blend.