Lead us from death to life,
from false-hood to truth,
from despair to hope,
from fear to trust,
Lead us from hate to love,
from war to peace,
let peace fill our hearts,
let peace fill our world,
let peace fill our universe.
I thought about skipping church today and staying in bed, but I stopped at Caribou on the way and traveled on to church. Today's third advent candle talked about expectations which was fitting since a dear friend and I met yesterday to celebrate our birthdays with facials. It was a great day followed by lunch and a discussion of our hopes and goals for the new year. Church was full of talk about peace. At the end of church, I passed by a table of cookies. The youth group was selling cookies. Well, there was no price, merely a donation for the youth group. I grabbed several plates and handed the young man $20. Instead of having to cook for tomorrow's holiday buffet, I will bring cookies. ...and this is why I go to church.
Comments