Last night I had the opportunity to show off my city of Minneapolis. First thing in the morning, I ran into a guy I met while presenting at NWP (National Writing Project) in Birmingham. We talked briefly about the sessions we planned to attend. It seemed both of us were going to attend the Black Lives Matter presentation that included Linda Christensen. Since he was from Oklahoma, I asked him if he was aware of what was happening in Minneapolis and mentioned that I planned on taking fire wood and blankets to the peaceful protest (emphasizing peaceful) at the 4th Precinct. After a brief conversation, we decided to go together. Although I was not proud of the police tactics and refusal to release the tapes, I was proud to show off Downtown and Uptown Minneapolis. More importantly, I was also proud of our United States Congressman Keith Ellison for being part of the protest and speaking to the people and happy that my visitor to this great city could witness the people protesting for action and change.
Last night I had the opportunity to show off my city of Minneapolis. First thing in the morning, I ran into a guy I met while presenting at NWP (National Writing Project) in Birmingham. We talked briefly about the sessions we planned to attend. It seemed both of us were going to attend the Black Lives Matter presentation that included Linda Christensen. Since he was from Oklahoma, I asked him if he was aware of what was happening in Minneapolis and mentioned that I planned on taking fire wood and blankets to the peaceful protest (emphasizing peaceful) at the 4th Precinct. After a brief conversation, we decided to go together. Although I was not proud of the police tactics and refusal to release the tapes, I was proud to show off Downtown and Uptown Minneapolis. More importantly, I was also proud of our United States Congressman Keith Ellison for being part of the protest and speaking to the people and happy that my visitor to this great city could witness the people protesting for action and change.
Comments