It seems there's a November blogging challenge, and I'm ready. When Slapdash thinks of an idea, everyone wants to join in!
We're supposed to blog and merely insert brags as we go, but I'm starting with complete full on brags.
1) I work with an amazing colleague that gave everyone great vocabulary strategies (no, we don't merely give kids the words to have them memorize... we want them to use them in the "real world."). She had a hiccup with two colleagues (who are truly annoying, talking while she was presenting), but she did an amazing job. She even mentioned Readicide which is a book I plan on reading. Let's brag up awesome teachers! Let's also brag up the teachers who took the strategies to heart and will use them in their curriculum.
2) I conversed through texts with another colleague who works in the district. I had her student in class at one point. It's nerve wracking to teach a colleague's kid! Anyway, one of her other children has a different teacher this year. We were comparing assignments, and I think I clearly win! My rigor might be a bit higher, but I'm proud to say I think I'm doing a fabulous job. I also think that other teachers need to change up their curriculum. Anyway, although I fretted about teaching, students, and all sorts of stuff after our texts, I did feel like I've got this (as our school shirts would say).

Comments