A friend and I are both reading The Witches: Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff in preparation of the upcoming Talking Volumes. It's not an easy or entertaining read. This evening J sent a text with the words Chapter 10. Of course, this was her way of bragging about how far she was in the novel knowing I wasn't as far. Truthfully, I'll finish on time even though I'm only on Chapter 7. Anyway, when I told her I was going to blog about her bugging me and bragging, she replied that she was "damn determined at this point to get through this hellacious book." She also continued explaining that she was merely trying to "motivate you through this hell." IMHO, it was bragging and not motivating. After all, I'm blogging instead of reading. How motivating could have it been?
A friend and I are both reading The Witches: Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff in preparation of the upcoming Talking Volumes. It's not an easy or entertaining read. This evening J sent a text with the words Chapter 10. Of course, this was her way of bragging about how far she was in the novel knowing I wasn't as far. Truthfully, I'll finish on time even though I'm only on Chapter 7. Anyway, when I told her I was going to blog about her bugging me and bragging, she replied that she was "damn determined at this point to get through this hellacious book." She also continued explaining that she was merely trying to "motivate you through this hell." IMHO, it was bragging and not motivating. After all, I'm blogging instead of reading. How motivating could have it been?

Comments