It's Monday which maybe explains everything.
1) My honors students can't follow simple directions, and their grade indicates this apathy and lack of attention. Since some were whining (many... imagine), I gave them two options for class tomorrow. A) They could make review memes which would not be graded. B) They could use the hour to get caught up and finish assignments that would help with the summative. I asked each student to email me one sentence stating their choice. Most of the students (2/3) chose to make memes even though it would not help them improve their grade and would not help them with their final. Really?! Someone has to care more than me.
2) I'm not going to make 20 workouts at the YWCA in October. I'm out of town a couple of weekends. Plus, there are a couple nights of parent teacher conferences. In reality, I had to go tonight to have a remote chance at 20. Unfortunately, the gurgling in my stomach (and other unmentionables... TMI?) has me stuck at home. I will admit if anyone could hear the rumbling, they'd be scared and a bit impressed.
3) In order to prepare for any questions about tomorrow's memes, I checked out a Chrome Book to take home. There are slight differences in using the Fotor app with a Mac and Chrome Book. It's a good plan to make it go smoothly in class. Unfortunately, I chose a face shot. As I was adding text, I realized the picture makes me look really old. Then, I realized the picture makes me look really old because I'm really old! Maybe I should be working with Photoshop instead of Fotor.

Comments