Last night I went to see Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love). I had already read her new book, Big Magic when I entered the church. As I looked at the people in attendance, I felt as though they were cultish and not my people. To be honest, I was a little irritated that I bought a ticket and wanted to go home. When she said she was going to read from her new book before she answered questions, I felt even more irritated. Again, I had already read the book (Kindle). Once she started answering questions, my attitude changed. She's actually seemed to be an intelligent, thoughtful, and caring person. I was surprised. In fact, even though I'll never read another book written by Elizabeth Gilbert, I'm going to listen to her podcasts. IMHO, she should give up writing and merely talk to people. This being said, I will admit that Big Magic was a good book. Perhaps not great, but the ideas are worth reading.
Last night I went to see Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love). I had already read her new book, Big Magic when I entered the church. As I looked at the people in attendance, I felt as though they were cultish and not my people. To be honest, I was a little irritated that I bought a ticket and wanted to go home. When she said she was going to read from her new book before she answered questions, I felt even more irritated. Again, I had already read the book (Kindle). Once she started answering questions, my attitude changed. She's actually seemed to be an intelligent, thoughtful, and caring person. I was surprised. In fact, even though I'll never read another book written by Elizabeth Gilbert, I'm going to listen to her podcasts. IMHO, she should give up writing and merely talk to people. This being said, I will admit that Big Magic was a good book. Perhaps not great, but the ideas are worth reading.
Comments