Saturday night I returned to my dad's house after a wonderful wedding. Since he lives in the country, it is really dark. I mean really, really dark. There are no street lights, and I didn't leave any lights on for my arrival. I started walking towards the door and stepped on something. Although I wasn't sure what I stepped on, I was hoping it was weeds growing out of the cracks on the driveway.
The next morning I went to the car to start packing for my ride home and found something gruesome. It was a snake smashed in two. I freaked out, grabbed a broom, and swept the pieces into the rocks. OMG! I had actually stepped on the snake. It's a good thing I didn't know what had happened the night before because I would still be in a heap on the driveway. Notice it's taken me a couple of days to write about the experience.
At the beginning of July, I had found a snake in front of the door. It slithered into the rocks and under the driveway. My smashed parts looked to be the same snake. Unfortunately, I was too freaked out to take pictures of the damage I had caused, but I have pictures of the snake when it was unharmed.
Comments