On Thursday Kitty Klaus wasn't eating and really drinking. Friday, I took him to the veterinarian, and we talked about what needed to happen. Saturday, we went to the vet again, but I saw a new vet. Honestly, I was not a fan of this vet, but we discussed the changes that were happening. Monday, once again we went to the vet. KK still was not eating or drinking. I was trying to force down food, but it was ugly. This time we did a round of blood tests (x-rays, etc. had already been done). Last night I knew it couldn't go on. They say animals have certain habits when they've given up. When KK hid in the wet shower then tried to hide under the dresser (only enough room for his head), I knew today needed to be the day. Luckily, today's vet was wonderful and kind. He showed me the numbers from the blood test which helped me realize I was making the correct decision. It was (IS) difficult, but he went peacefully.
I'm coping by cleaning the floors of every room and making sure all rugs and bedding are washed. It's actually a bit therapeutic as was making this video. He had a good life.
Comments